Notes: The Second Stop travelling north from Sheffield Wadsley
Bridge was originally opened in 1845 on the completion of the
Woodhead route but fell victim along with the other stations
on the route in the 1950's thanks to increased car traffic.
The station platforms remain intact (the southbound one heavily
It was closed to passengers on June 15th, 1959 but after closure
summer Saturday and Sunday trains were advertised for anglers
until 31.10.1965. It was later used during severe weather and
due to its close proximity to the Hillsborough Football ground,
did see occasional use by football specials into the 1980's
but this use ceased after privatisation in 1996.
In 2003 a group was set up to get the reinstatement of a passenger
service from Stocksbridge to Sheffield.
Tickets from Michael Stewart
on station name for other stations on the Woodhead line: Sheffield