Station Name: MOCHDRE & PABO
[Source: Paul Wright & Bevan Price]
An westbound express rushes through Mochdre and Pabo Station in c. 1925. The train is on the westbound fast line.
Copyright photo from John Alsop collection
The station is shown on a 1929 Ordnance Survey map. The modern inset shows how the railway line has been realigned and the A55 now runs along the old alignment
The Mochdre and Pabo signalbox seen in 1930. At the top of the steps is signalman Edward Wynne who had first been appointed to that role in 1918 (but not at Mochdre and Pabo).
Photo from Alan Vincent
The site of Mochdre & Pabo Station looking north in the early 1960's
Photo by Dave Nicholas
Looking at west at the site of Mochdre Pabo Station in August 2008. The Station now lies buried beneath the A55 Trunk Road. To the right of the picture the Chester to Holyhead line on its 1980s alignment can be seen. The line was moved towards the north to accommodate the road.
Photo by Paul Wright