[Source: Jim McBride & Paul Wright]

The railway infastructure at Strabane was extensive when this 25-inch scale map was drawn in 1905. At that time there were two seperate railway companies in the town, the Donegal Railway (DR) and the Great Northern Railway Ireland (GNRI). The DR facilities are those that to the left and the GNRI are to the right. The DR system was 3ft gauge whilst that of the GNRI was Irish Standard gauge (5ft 3inch). There would be further developments in 1909 when the Letterkenny branch was opened.

Source: Jim McBride & Paul Wright

Home Page
Last updated: Sunday, 20-Dec-2020 10:28:12 CET
© 2004-2020 Disused Stations