The In 1905 at Pant there was a small settlement and its brick works. A railway had reached the area in January 1867 when the London & North Western Railway (LNWR) opened an extension to its single-track Pontcysyllte Branch between Wynn Hall and the Llwyneinion Brick Works just to the north of Rhos. The OS 6-inch scale map published in 1879 shows that the Pontcysyllte Branch was connected to numerous local industries including collieries, brick works, clay works and an iron works and it was a successful revenue earner for the LNWR. Being completely isolated from the LNWR system the branch was at first worked by a locomotive owned by the New British Iron Company but in December 1870 an 0-4-0 locomotive of the LNWR arrived from Crewe. From the late 1870s industrial decline afflicted the area and the Pontcysyllte Branch became a less attractive proposition for the LNWR.
The overbridge was later removed but sections of the railway embankment were extant in August 2015.
The Great Western Railway (GWR) was the dominant railway company in the area: its Shrewsbury and Chester main line was located only a mile to the east of Rhos and had connections into the Vale of Llangollen including lines that linked to the industries around Pontcysyllte. However in the mid-1890s the residents of Rhos, frustrated at not having a direct rail connection to the town, formed the East Denbighshire Railway (EDR) so that they could build their own line. This spurred the GWR in to action and in 1896 they purchased the Pontcysyllte Branch from the LNWR for £51,000. On 6 August 1897 the GWR obtained an Act to build a 3¾-mile single-track line from their Shrewsbury and Chester railway (at what became Rhos Junction) to an end-on connection with the Pontcysyllte Branch at Rhos. The line opened in 1901 and passenger services were introduced on 1 October 1901.
At Pant the railway crossed over Bridge Street on a bridge. The Pant Brick Works had a connection with the branch, which came in from the north-west to form a junction with the branch just to the north of the bridge. The halt at Pant was located on the southern side of Bridge Street on an embankment. It was most probably located on the west side of the single track line and it most likely consisted of a simple timber platform. The 6-inch scale OS map of 1909 does not show any structure at the halt site.
Throughout the life of the halt passengers could travel northwards to Wrexham General (via Brook Street Halt, Rhos, Legacy and Rhostyllen) and south to Wynn Hall Halt. The November 1906 timetable (click here to see it) showed ten services in each direction on Monday-to-Friday with two extra services each way on Saturday; no trains ran on Sunday. The journey time to Wrexham General was 22 minutes and to Wynn Hall it was three minutes. The services were operated by a rail-motor.
In 1912 the Wrexham and District Electric Tramways Company (changed to the Wrexham and District Transport Company Limited in 1914) introduced motor-bus services to Pant and the surrounding area and they successfully competed with the rail-motor service. The buses proved to be far more convenient than the trains and the result was a loss of passengers from the railway. On 22 March 1915 the GWR withdrew the passenger service between Rhos and Wynn Hall Halt and Pant Halt closed completely.
Being a simple structure it is likely that the halt was removed shortly after closure. Goods services continued to operate. Passenger services between Rhos and Wrexham General continued to operate until 1 January 1931.
The Pontcysyllte Branch passed into the ownership of British Railways in 1948. In 1953 the section of line between Pant (from a point just to the south of where the halt had been) and Pontcysyllte was closed completely and it was lifted shortly afterwards. Goods trains continued to run to Pant (from the Rhos Junction direction) to serve the Pant Brick Works until 14 October 1963 when the line to Rhos Junction was closed to all traffic. Track-lifting had commenced by July 1964.