Station Name: MIDHURST (LBSC)


[Source: Nick Catford]

Date opened: 15.10.1866
Location: The Fairway now runs through the site
Company on opening: London Brighton & South Coast Railway
Date closed to passengers: 7.2.1955
Date closed completely: 12.10.1964
Company on closing: British Railways (Southern Region)
Present state: Demolished - the site is now lost under new roads and housing. The bricked up tunnel portal is still extant.
County: Sussex
OS Grid Ref: SU883208
Date of visit: 1968

Notes: The station was originally sited 23 chains to the west. This was closed on 11.7.1881 on the opening of the new station.


Eastbound platform in 1968
Photo by Nick Catford

The Royal Train arriving in Midhurst in 1906

Remains of the westbound platform in 1968. The subway is behind the railings.
Photo by Nick Catford


[Source: Nick Catford]

Home Page
Last updated: Sunday, 21-May-2017 15:40:31 CEST
© 1998-2004 Disused Stations