Station Name: MIDDLETON TOWERS
1928 1:2,500 OS map. The station was renamed Middleton Towers in 1924 but little changed since the 1885 depiction. However its surroundings were very different. To the west the siding, once used for exchange of sand cargoes, housed cattle pens. The 1904 RCH Handbook indicates that the station did not hand livestock. To the east the sidings had been extended and the quarry company’s 2 foot gauge and standard gauge lines served more distant sand-pits.