Station Name: MIDDLETON-IN-TEESDALE
[Source: Nick Catford]
1912 1:2,500 OS map. Little has changed at the station since the earlier map but there are substantial changes in Middleton Quarry with new lines and new buildings being shown. From Middleton Quarry a new lane runs north-west running parallel with the road for 1¼ miles to Park End and Crossthwaite Quarries. One of the quarry lines that crosses the Mickleton Road runs to a stone loading gantry close to the turntable. To the south of the road the line passes under another loading facility with a higher level line at right angles to it.