[Source: Nick Catford]

Date opened: 4.3.1867
Location: At the end of Station Approach on the south side of Randalls Road
Company on opening: London & South Western Railway
Date closed to passengers: 10.7.1927
Date closed completely: 10.7.1927
Company on closing: Southern Railway
Present state: Demolished - some sections of retaining wall survive. The station site is now part of the Mole Business Park.
County: Surrey
OS Grid Ref: TQ1625676
Date of visit: May 1968

Notes: The first Leatherhead Station serving both LSW & LBSC lines opened on 1.2.1859. On 4.3.1867 it was replaced by two stations, half a mile apart. After closure of the LSW station, trains were diverted into the ex-LBSC station over a new junction. One platform of the LSW station was used as a siding until the 1970's.


Home Page
Last updated: Sunday, 21-May-2017 14:29:37 CEST
© 1998-2004 Disused Stations