1899 1: 2,500 OS map. Keswick station was partially rebuilt on a grander scale in the 1890s as shown here. The original main building has its ground floor rooms indicated. A new island platform has been reconstructed with substantial buildings; once again, the map helpfully shows their internal layout within the limitations of the scale. The hatching represents the glazed platform roofing. Additional sidings are found on the down side, west of the station, handling livestock: cattle pans are named and drawn in. To their south the Coal Depôt is named. A yard crane is shown between these two sets of sidings. The area of sidings on the up side has expanded considerably and includes a turntable. Signal boxes are located at the west and east ends of the station, both of them on the down side.