Station Name: BANBURY MERTON STREET
[Source: Nick Catford]
1920 1:2500 OS map.A number of changes are noted between this and the earlier maps. The platform has been extended. Most of the wagon turntables have been removed leaving just two to the south of the goods shed. The weighbridge and office has been located to the entrance to the goods yard alongside the trainshed. The turntable to the north of the engine shed has been removed and replaced by a new 40' turntable to the south of the shed. A railwaymens' mission has been built on the west side of the station forecourt and a new terrace of railway cottages (Alma Terrace) has been built on the east side of the station.